Migrations: Radio broadcast (1992)52:06
Migrations: Radio broadcast, is the recording from a radio broadcast of Migrations on October 11, 1992 on WPFW-FM, Washington, DC.
It begins with dialogue by producer Grace Cavalieri as an introduction and ends with her interviewing Vivian Adelberg Rudow. This is the only recording of the music put together with the poems, which begins at 2:38.
With permission from producer Grace Cavalieri.
1.Prelude into Babies
1. A. Opening
1. C. The Head Sings
2. I Know the Babies Were Just Borrowed
3. The Lost Children
5. The Red Sweater
6. Lavender Night
7. Helpless, Friendship, Forgiveness
8. Platforms (Shelly eats Cream Cheese), Love of Child theme, later used in “The Bare Smooth Stone of Your Love,” cello and piano and “Urbo Turbo” closing theme, full orchestra
10. What Did They Do With Their Tears?
11. Responsibility (Bites)
12. Helpmates (Trains)
13. Death of A Cat (bells)
14. The Brooklyn Bridge
15. Burning The Box
16. The Blue Shirt
Source: CEC / Concordia Archival Project (CAP)
- Year of composition:
- Hardware used:
- Software used:
- Duration of the submitted work:
Allik, Austin, Bouchard, Calder, Crossman, Cumbo, Dal Farra, de Chevigny, Frenette, Garcia…171 tracks
More works by Vivian Adelberg Rudow
Portrait Of A Friend (1986)21:00
Weeping Rocker (1992)8:43
With Love, a fantasy for live cello and decorated cello cases (prepared tape), in memory of Myrtle Hollins Adelberg (1986)16:14
Migrations Postlude (1992)3:47
Racing Inside The Milkyway (1994)3:00